Tuesday, July 15, 2014
Sunday, July 13, 2014
I have a thing for handwritten, hand drawn design. There's something so charming about design that's raw, and sweetly imperfect. That probably explains why I love handwritten fonts so much! My blog banner is a testament to that! :)
In arts and crafts, you can affix your style signature on (or in) just about anything. This DIY sticker project is a playful exercise in lending your personal touch to everyday household objects. A bit of warning though. Making DIY stickers can be so addictive you'll be end up sticking your designs everywhere and anywhere!
DIY HAND DRAWN VINYL STICKER TUTORIAL
- Clear vinyl sticker sheet
- Extra fine point CD/DVD marker/permanent marker
How to make:
1. Using a fine point permanent marker, draw your designs on a clear vinyl sheet. Let dry completely.
2. Cut out the design using scissors.
3. Remove the adhesive backing and apply to the surface of your choice.
Creative DIY sticker ideas:
1. Decorate your bathroom mirror with sunny handwritten mantras and life changing affirmations.
2. Make personalized decals for your computer or smartphone.
3. Personalize all the spice jars and cookie jars.
4. Make handwritten instructions for appliance/device usage.
5. Decorate journals and notebooks.
Even the coffee machine isn't spared from my pesky doodled stickers.
My Moon Flower inspired sticker design for all the cookie jars.
Hope you enjoyed the tutorial. Till next time!
Saturday, July 12, 2014
I really have nothing to blog about these days except maybe for a few crafty acquisitions such as this Scandinavia Style Wrapping Paper Book from Enogreeting. As the title suggests, the 32 decoration papers can be torn off the book and used as gift wrapping paper for smallish presents. Alternately they make nice scrapbook materials or you can just stare at the pages. The prints and patterns are just too pretty! I bought my copy from a local bazaar kiosk. You can get a copy of these wrapping paper books online from Paper Chic Studio on Big Cartel.
These are gifts from my sister who knows I love rubber stamps so much. Aren't those stamps designed as little wooden cabinets just absolutely ducky?
Cat rubber stamps! It seems that cats are the new craft darlings! As the dog person that I am, it is only recently that I have become completely smitten with these feline creatures. I now have a pet "cat family" that makes everyday happy and purrfect!
I'll be back with a DIY tutorial tomorrow. Happy weekend!